prettify

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hello, Scrollbars


Themeable scrollbars have replaced the arrows in Challonge brackets.

Why the change?
  • Long scroll distances were tedious to cover for large tournaments
  • Scrollbars are more easily identified by users
  • Vertical mouse wheel, arrow up/down/left/right, page up/down, and home/end keys are now supported
Also! Round robin and Swiss tournaments will no longer be constrained to 3 columns. They'll take advantage of the full width available to them.

This update turned out to be far more daunting than expected. I couldn't find an adequate plugin to handle themeable scrollbars, so I ended up rolling my own. IE 7+, Opera 10, Firefox 3, and Chrome are supported. I may share a jquery plugin for this down the road, but for now, I'm anxious to get back to work on ladders and other features.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    Good work, I just found the site and it's perfect for me and my friends!

    One thing I wonder though is if its possible to use any form of language for the layout of the description. A longer text with rules is hard to read without bolded text, headlines, lists etc.

    I tried html, but it didn't work (as you ofc know :))
    Would be nice if turned on that feature!

    ReplyDelete