prettify

Friday, April 17, 2009

Talking to myself

Now that I finally applied some styles to challonge.com, I figured I'd start talking to myself a bit. I'll be mentioning random upcoming features here, so feel free to chime in if there's something you'd like added to the site.

Though challonge has gotten its first swipe of styling, the generated brackets are still pretty lame. I opted to make them Google maps-ish with click and drag viewing, but this may change once I finish reworking the display of the brackets.

Also in the works: team tournaments, open sign-up tournaments (currently only support invitationals), and some additional UI changes (photos?).

2 comments:

  1. Skin looks nice, ran into problems with opera setting up a managed tournament.

    Feature suggestions:
    Exportable image of the tree (gd?)
    Non-email participant entries in the managed tournament when "notify by email" is 0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. I tend to check on Opera support last, but I must have a major problem with an html tag hanging open or something (just saw it now, yikes!). Also, the rounded corners aren't looking too hot in Opera.

    As for exportable images, I'm hoping to get there some day. I have some greatly improved brackets coming up that fit the skin, so once I get those ironed out, I can focus more on portability.

    Lastly, managed tournaments will be *far* more flexible soon enough. Requiring email addresses fits the narrow application I initially was targeting, but this will be removed in the near future along with the introduction of open sign-up tournaments.

    ReplyDelete