prettify

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Challonge's New Responsive Layout

We've been pretty quiet about everything that went into our December site update, so I thought I'd shed some light on the improvements related to mobile devices.

Our entire site now has a responsive layout, meaning it will adjust to the size of your device. For example, here's a tournament viewed from (1) desktop / laptop / tablet landscape, (2) tablet portrait / phone landscape, and (3) phone portrait.



Not perfect yet, but a it's a leap forward from what we had. Also note, bracket scrolling now supports touch devices.

Have a suggestion on how we can improve the mobile layouts? Please let us know!

5 comments:

  1. Huge improvements! Great responsive design. I also like how you can embed brackets on personal blogs & sites. Big things happening with Challonge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the update had not gotten rid of the quick view for peoples predictions. I loved how it used to show who they picked to win, and the rest of the final 4. I was really disappointed in the elimination of this, and having to click on every person individually to see their final predictions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that out! That change was unintentional, so I added the issue to our bug tracker.

      Delete
    2. Excellent to hear, I really looking forward to getting that feature back :)

      Delete
  3. Can you add a feature that allows people to delete association from brackets. I have done some predictions and voting on some random ones but the people haven't even touched it in months and it would be very nice to delete them from my home page. Aside from that problem I love the Challonge brackets.

    ReplyDelete